1. All accounts at which water service is available at the water meter are considered as an active account unless designated as an inactive account as defined below.
2. All active accounts are billed on a monthly basis with payment due in full at the time of the assigned due date. A minimum billing or more will be charged to each account.
3. A bill to an account is considered as a lien against the property for which the service was provided.
4. Service is subject to termination if the account remains unpaid for two consecutive months after the due date.
5. Accounts that have been terminated (shut off) must pay the full amount due plus a turn-on charge prior to service being reinstated.
1. An inactive account is one that service has been discontinued as a result of bankruptcy, removal of meter, or other circumstances as approved by the Board of Public Affairs.
2. Inactive accounts are not subject to a monthly minimum service charge.
3. A reconnection fee, as established by the Board of Public Affairs, must be remitted prior to an inactive account returning to an active status.
4. Accounts that have the meter removed must pay the full amount of the current installation (water tap) fee to have service begun again.
INVOLUNTARILY TERMINATED ACCOUNTS (SHUT OFFS)
1. Accounts are subject to involuntarily termination (shut off) if the balance due is in excess of $25.00 and the account remains unpaid for a period of two months or more.
2. In order to make an involuntarily terminated account active, the total amount due for the account must be paid as well as a turn-on charge as established by the Board of Public Affairs.
3. While an account is in involuntarily terminated status, the meter to the address will be shut off, locked and service to the account will be denied.
4. Involuntarily terminated service will continue to receive a minimum bill per month or more.
EXTENDED VACATION & LEAVE ACCOUNTS
1. Residential accounts in which the occupant of the property will be on vacation or on an extended leave for a period of three consecutive months or more can request to be placed on extended vacation/leave status.
2. Accounts on extended/leave vacation status will be subject to an extended vacation/leave monthly service fee.
3. When changing accounts on extended vacation/leave status to an active account status, no additional reconnection fee will be charged.
4. Accounts on extended vacation status are subject to involuntarily terminated status for failure to pay the current balance due for more than three months after the established due date.
5. Extended vacation/leave account status will end with the return of the resident or six (6) months, whichever is less.